Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good Tips to fight mosquitoes

My hubby sent me an email recently on how you can get rid of mosquitoes the cheap way. The answer is Listerine. According to the mail, just pour Listerine in a spray bottle and spray around the places that have mosquitoes.

Here's the comments from the mail:

"I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my family bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes. So, try this,please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house.Now these are Good repellant for Mosquitos!!!"

By the way, I also found out some DIY ways to get rid of insects like cockroach and fruit flies. This is what I did.
  • To get rid of Cockroach - I bought lemon grass from the market and just throw one or two on those places that attract cockroach.
  • To get rid of fruit flies - I take one lemon grass and grind it in a food processor then I cook it in about 3 cups of water and leave it to cool, after that I pour the mixture into a spray bottles and spray it on the fruits like banana that attracts fruit flies and it works! So try it, it such a cheap and earth friendly way to get rid of insects.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails