Monday, July 26, 2010

Waffle Donuts

I'm still in my quest for the perfect donut recipes as that's the only type of bread that my Baby FAN eat (beside ice-cream bread). So I just have to buy this waffle maker when I saw it on sale at NTUC, it allows me to make sandwiches, waffles and donuts. 

My Waffle Maker
Waffle donuts
Waffle donuts

So, I searh around the net for a recipe that calls for Donut Batter and uses donut maker but don't have much luck, stumble upon this one http://www.hungrybrowser.com/phaedrus/m031102.htm and decided that I should just give it a try. 

The Donut turns out really nice but it tasted more like a waffle then a donut.  But it actually tasted quite nice and was reall fun to eat since it's very small and cute.  My boy can eat 3 at a go.  I'm definitely going to use this recipe again but maybe next time I try using the waffle plate instead of the donut plate.

Here's how much donuts I have made with the recipe
Waffle donuts

This is the actual size of the small donut waffle
Waffle donuts

This is how the inside of the donut looks inside
 Waffle donuts

Here's the recipe:

Donut Waffles
 Waffle donuts
Ingredients n Directions:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 egg 
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 4 tbsp cooking oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  1. Stir dry ingredients together.
  2. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and beat one minute with electric mixer or vigorously by hand. Add oil and beat one minute more. Add oil and beat one minute more.
  3. Blend in the dry ingredients.
  4. Preheat donut maker for 10 minutes. Pour batter into cavities in bottom of donut maker. close lid and bake for 5 minutes. Remove carefully with fork and place on grate or rack.
  5. Makes 12 donuts.
Variations:
Any other extract may be substituted for the vanilla. You can also add 1/2 cup of nuts, raisins, or coconut to the batter. 1/2 cup chocolate chips may also be added. This is especially good if you add 1/4 teaspoon orange extract to the vanilla glaze.

Afternote:
I used this recipe to make waffles and it turns out quite nice and crispy.  Here's the final product.
Home-made Waffles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend, you have a pretty blog here:) will be here to visit you real often. So happy to see you today! take care!

Boringtazz said...

Thanks :)
Nice to see you too. Do visit my blog often ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails