Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Tried making some healthy cookies to see if I can use this recipes again for Christmas. The cookies tasted really good but somehow I think I put too much eggs (I use 3 small eggs as I felt that the egg I bought was really tiny), so the dough was really too soft to cut-out shapes, got so frustrated that I ended up just making it into round one. But I think I will try again next time using less eggs and maybe less sugar as I thought it tasted a little too sweet for me, especially if I want to decorate it with icing for Christmas.


Christmas Cutouts Cookies

original recipes from allrecipes.com
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I did not put this)
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Blend in the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating continually. Stir in the oatmeal.
  3. Roll the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters and arrange them on the prepared sheets.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails