Monday, November 10, 2008

Homemade Baby Food: Nutritious Fruits Dessert

Baby FAN has been having constipation since she started on solid food, was thinking of buying commercial prune juice for her to drink to help in her constipation when I stumble upon a reading that pear helps in bowel movement. So decided to try out on this recipe and it seems to work, Baby FAN has been pooing quite consistently these few days after I gave her the dessert.

Nutritious Fruit Dessert
  • 1 ripe pear (make sure it's really ripe, I used a not as ripe one and the dish taste a little sour)
  • 2 ripe plums
  • 2 tsp sugar (optional, if your pear and plums are ripe enough, I suggested not to put sugar)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 cup or 90ml formula milk
  1. Peel, core and cut the fruits into small pieces.
  2. Put the fruit in a pan with 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp sugar. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. Then puree until smooth.
  3. Heat up and milk and dissolve the remaining sugar and bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat and pour in the beaten egg yolk and stir until a custardy mixture is form.
  4. Pour the custard mixture into the puree fruit.
  5. Serve warm or cold. Freeze the remaining.
Verdict: As mentioned earlier, my pear was a little too raw and so are the plums, so the dessert tasted a little too sourish, Baby FAN don't really like it. But I will try again next time and use riper pear and plums since it works in getting Baby FAN to poo and I personally tasted it myself and thought it tasted quite yummy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails