Friday, March 23, 2012

Rustic Plum Tart

Ok, I must admit I'm getting kinda lazy with updating my blog. This recipe has been sitting on my to-do list for quite a while.

Bought a packed of plum from NTUC fairprice supermarket and the whole batch was super duper sour. My Baby FAN, who loves plum just won't eat it. So instead of dumping it all into the rubbish cute, I thought I tried making some tarts out of it. So, I look through the recipe from my favourite website www.allrecipes.com and found this. Bought it to my sis-in-law's place for an after dinner snack and my sis-in-law said it's nice and so did my hubby. But the kids are not too kin to try out, I think it looks a little too "RUSTIC". Maybe, next time I will try out Apple tart and make it into a bag shape so the kids might give it a try.

Plum Tart

Here's the recipe, enjoy!


Rustic Plum Tart

Ingredients for the crust:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 tablespoons cold water
Ingredients for the filing:
  • 2 cups sliced plums
  • 9 1/4 teaspoons sugar, divided
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
 Directions
  1.  In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
  2. In a bowl, combine the plums, 3 tablespoons sugar and flour. Place on the center of pastry. Bring edges of pastry over filling, leaving 3-1/2 in. of filling uncovered. Brush crust with egg white, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails