Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bow Tie Pasta Salad

Was shopping with my little girl at Carrefour and when saw that they sell BOW TIE pasta and I just have to buy it. Saw the use of Bow Tie pasta in many of the kids cooking recipes so I just have to buy and try it. Have been looking around for it in NTUC Fairprice and Giant but just can't find it. So, today, I could a Bow Tie Pasta Salad for the kids and they love it. My Baby Girl actually ate the whole plate herself without me feeding her and my boy was playing and eat the pasta, he was imagining the pasta as a butterfly, a bat, a fish etc...I'm so gald it was a hit, even my hubby. I cook quite a large pot and was thinking maybe I can serve this for lunch tomorrow but ended up my hubby just gobble up everything, he say it was so appetising. YES! This is definitely a keeper, here's the recipe, roughly as I just add the ingredient based on what I have and tasted.

BOw Tie Pasta
Bow Tie Pasta Salad

Ingredients and Directions
- Bow Tie pasta
- Broccoli
- Cauliflower
- Carrot
- Bacon Bits
- Pesto Sauce
- Sugar
- Olive Oil
- a pinch of salt to taste
- raisin (optional, I added it because my kids love raisins)

1. Boil a pot of water, put in a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil. Pour in the pasta and carrots and boil until the pasta is almost done.
2. Put in the cauliflower and boil for another 10 minutes before putting in the broccoli. Cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al denta. Drain pasta and vegetable and left aside.
3. In a bowl, mix pesto with a generous portion of olive oil, add lemon, sugar and salt to taste.
4. Pour suce over pasta and vegetables and mix until evenly coated. Serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails