Monday, March 2, 2009

Make Your Own Soup: Cabbage Soup

This is essentially a cabbage and tomato soup but I added in my own ingredient for my own liking.
Cabbage & Tomato Soup


  • 1 quarter cabbage, wash and chopped into chunks
  • 2 or 3 tomatoes, wash and chopped into quarters
  • 1 corn, peel, wash and cut into chunks
  • 1 piece of ginger
  • 1 chicken breast with bones
  • 5 Fish Balls (optional, I added it because my boy likes fish balls)
  • 1/2 can of button mushrooms (optional), cut into half
  1. Boil and scale the chicken.
  2. Boil water and put in the chicken, corn, tomatoes, mushrooms and ginger. Bring to boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour.
  3. Put in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for another 15 minutes. Soup is ready to serve.
Health Benefit: I'm not too sure the exact nutritional value of this soup but I think Cabbage is an excellent source of manganese, calcium and potassium. It is a very good source of iron, phosphorous, magnesium. It is also a very good source of fiber, folate and omega-3 fatty acids. Further, sodium, zinc and copper are found in good amounts in cabbage. Click here to read more about the nutritional value of cabbage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails