Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cookies for the Teachers

Baked some Christmas Cookies for SMALL FAN's school teachers using the Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipes from my previous post. Then I made some icing using egg whites and icing sugar and decorated it. Looks quite good right?

By the way, here's the icing sugar recipe that I got from All Recipes.com, I modified it a little and the icing was enough for 60 cookies, it was really really easy to work with and it dries up quite fast. Will definitely using this recipe again when I need to decorate icing:

Royal Icing
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 2 cups of Icing Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Beat egg whites in clean, large bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed until thickened. NOTE: When dry, Royal Icing is very hard and resistant to damage that can occur during shipping/handling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails