The result, yum yum...they ate the noodle themselves without me having to force it down their throat. Yeh...a definite keeper for me.
Here's the recipe:
Crispy Noodle (Sheng Mian) - serves 4 (2 adult, 2 children)
Ingredients & Directions
- 2 Crispy Noodles (Fried Mian Sian, already cooked, can buy it at the market dry food stall)
- 2 cup of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of cream corn
- 2 chicken tigh (Deboned and cut into bite size)
- 1 broccoli (cut and chopped into bite size)
- 1 egg white
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped and dice)
- corn flour with water to make a thick sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- Stir fry garlic with oil until fragrant, add in chicken tigh until brown.
- Pour chicken stock and cook until chicken is 80% cooked.
- Added broccoli and cream corn until broccoli is soft.
- Add corn flour and water mixture to slightly thicken the sauce.
- Switch off the heat and swirl in the egg white.
- Pour sauce over the Crispy Noodles and served hot.
Oh, and I also included a bowl of cream of corn and melon soup (see my next post for the recipe) to go with the noodles...yum yum..