Christmas Cutouts Cookies
original recipes from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I did not put this)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Blend in the eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating continually. Stir in the oatmeal.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters and arrange them on the prepared sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges begin to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.