Quick Bread Stick
Ingredients & Directions
(makes 16 sticks)
- 1 cup of Super Flour (which includes 2 tbs of baby formula milk powder, 1 tbs of wheatgerm and top up with unbleached flour)
- 1/2 cup oat
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt to taste
- some Italian herbs seasoning mix
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tbs melted better or oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients until you form a dough. Add water if the dough is too dry and add flour if the dough is too wet.
- Keep dividing dough until you have 16 balls. Roll into sticks about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- After shaping, wel them in a mixture of one beated egg mixed with 2 tbs water and roll them in sesame seeds or wheat germ.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven (about 180 deg celsius) for 20 minutes until crisp and golden browned.
- Store in air-tight container.