It's Chicken Shepherd Pie, ok, you might be thinking hey....Shepherd Pie is Shepherd Pie, a pie made from Lamb, so what do you mean by Chicken Shepherd Pie? Well, it's basically chicken pie but made like a shepherd pie....ok....it's rather complicating, let's get on to the recipe.
Chicken Shepherd Pie
- 5 large red or any coloured potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 stalk of leek, diced
- 300g mince chicken
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I actually run out of this cheese, so I use mozzarella instead)
- salt to taste
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 pkt of button mushrooms
- 1 can of proceed green peas
- ground black pepper to taste
- Oyster sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with 3 tablespoons butter or margarine and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, carrots in olive oil until soft. Stir in mushrooms and minced chicken. Once chicken is almost browned and broken up, add salt, pepper and oyster sauce to taste. Stir in green peas. Stir in flour.
- Divide mixture into ramekins or pie crusts. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over mixture. Spread potatoes over all with a spatula. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the pie 15 minutes before you take it out of the oven.
- Bonn Appetite!