Ingredients & Directions
- Pearl Rice (1.5 cup)
- 1 salmon fillet (about 200g)
- 2 tsp Japanese Seaweed Seasoning (I used Yamaiso Sarukani Kassen)
- 2 tsp Japanese Seasoned Soysauce (I used Unagin No Tare)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Sugar
- Japanese Mayonese
- A few green peas
- Dried Shaved Bonito (I used Hana Kaisoo)
- Pork Floss
- Cook pearl rice with equal portion of water in a rice cooker, add a pinch of salt and sugar. Leave rice to cool slightly
- Clean salmon, cut into cubes, then stir fry it with the Japanese Soysauce until cooked through. Then flake the salmon.
- Cooked a few Green peas in boiling water and leave it to cool.
- Mix salmon to the rice and add some Seaweed Seasoning to taste.
- Put rice mixture into rice shaper until half full, put some pork floss and mayonese in the middle. Then cover it with more rice to form into a tight ball and shape accordingly.
- To decorate the rice ball, put some cook green peas to make the eyes of the bear and seaweed for the mouth.
- For the kids portion, I actually put some mayonese and pork floss on the bottom of the plate and then put the rice ball on top.
- For the adult portion, I simply squeeze some mayonese on top of the rice ball, then sprinkle the dried bonito on top.