Baby FAN's birthday is approaching, this year decided to make some cupcakes for her birthday, so have been trying out recipes. Here's one that I modified myself, it tasted quite rich and moist. Yummy, going to do this for Baby FAN's birthday.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cupcakes
Ingredients & Instructions
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup butter (115g)
* 3/4 cup boiling water
* 1/4 warm milk
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour (I mix 1/2 unbleached flour with 1/2 cake flour)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 75g normal eating dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, melt butter with dark chocolate. Then mix rolled oats, boiling water and warm milk. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat together the sugar, eggs and vanilla; add to cooled oat mixture and mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into cupcakes cup.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and remove pan.