Friday, May 22, 2009

Quick Bread Stick

Another finger food recipe that I manage to find in my Super Baby Food book. Baby FAN seems to like it alot, she can eat 2 at a go, rest for a while then eat another one. I served this for her as afternoon snack yummy...even my mum says it tasted quite good.

Quick Bread Stick

Quick Bread Sticks

Ingredients & Directions
(makes 16 sticks)
  • 1 cup of Super Flour (which includes 2 tbs of baby formula milk powder, 1 tbs of wheatgerm and top up with unbleached flour)
  • 1/2 cup oat
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • a pinch of salt to taste
  • some Italian herbs seasoning mix
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 4 tbs melted better or oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  1. Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately.
  2. Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients until you form a dough. Add water if the dough is too dry and add flour if the dough is too wet.
  3. Keep dividing dough until you have 16 balls. Roll into sticks about 1/2 inch in diameter.
  4. After shaping, wel them in a mixture of one beated egg mixed with 2 tbs water and roll them in sesame seeds or wheat germ.
  5. Place on greased baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven (about 180 deg celsius) for 20 minutes until crisp and golden browned.
  6. Store in air-tight container.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hello! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a lovely blog and awesome Quick Bread Stick recipe. Reminds me of mom's recipe and it was superb, I bet yours is excellent too! By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget and place it at the end of your blog. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

Boringtazz said...

Hi Christine, thanks for visiting my blog. My girl love the bread stick. I will went to the foodista website and take a look, thanks for the advice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails