Thursday, September 11, 2008

Book Review - Hearty Congee by Amelia Liang

For Asian mums like me who is getting tired of cooking the same old porridge for your baby, check on this book. They have 58 dishes of congee of different types, right from the cantonese style to those with chinese herbs to those normal day to day congee. I have personally tried cooking Beef Congee with eggs, Lotus Roots Congee with Red Dates, Oatmeal porridge with raisins, chinese yam with frog, frog congee with lily bulb etc for my SMALL FAN before (when he is less picky).

I especially like their explanation on the purpose of the different chinese herbs, for example, ginkoo helps to reduce phelgm, lily bulb helps to norish lungs etc. But I must warn that it's quite an expensive book for just congees.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails