Monday, September 15, 2008

Recipe - Quick Quiche

As BIG FAN's birthday is coming up, decided to try my hand in making Quiche, one of his favourite food, for him.

Brought the quiche over to my mum's place as we are celebrating the Lantern Festival there. The quiche was quite easy to make and I think it tasted ok although all of us feel that it's a little too rich and a tad too salty. If I make it next time, I think I will omit the salt.

Here's the recipe:

Quick Quiche
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (I replace with shredded cheddar and mozerella cheese)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
  3. Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and crumbled bacon. Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk; whisk together until smooth; pour into pie pan.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until set. Serve hot or cold.
Note: I added button mushroom to the quiche and sauted the onion with the mushroom before putting it in for the added taste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails