Here's the recipe:
Raisin Oatmeal Brownie
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oat
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips (I used about 3/4 cup of gourmet dark chocolate instead)
- 6 tbs butter (I used about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour (I used 1/2 cup of unbleached flour and 1/4 cup of wholemeal flour to increase the nutritional content)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- Sprinkle 2 tbs of oats over bottom of greased 9x9x2 inch baking pad; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, soda, salt, remaining oats and raisins. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 def F. for about 30 mintues.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Post a Comment