Si Sen Soup
- Si Sen Herbs
- 1 piece of Lean Pork ($3)
- 1/2 a Chicken Breast with bone
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tbs of Wolf Berries (Gou Ji Zi)
- 8 red dates (optional) or 10 dried longans (optional)
- Raw Chinese Yam (Shan Yao) - about 2 to 3 inches (optional)
- Scale the pork and chicken. Wash the herbs in hot water.
- Put all ingredients in a pot and pour the water. Bring water to boil and then lower heat and simmer covered for 4 hours or more. Keep a look out for the water as it might overflow if your pot is too small.
- Soup is ready to serve.
Tips: I normally cook this soup in a slow cooker so I don't need to worry about water overflow. I just throw all the ingredient in the pot early in the morning, pour in water and then just switch on the slow cooker on "High" and let the cooker simmer and it will be ready to drink by dinner time.