- 2 carrots
- 1 lotus root (about 5 inches long)
- 1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts
- 1 corn
- a few pieces of dried abalone (optional)
- One piece of lean meat (about $3)
- 8 cups of water (need to adjust the water accordingly, if you like it more diluted, add more water)
- Fresh Chinese Yam ("Shan Yao")- about 2 to 3 inches
- Scale the lean meat to get rid of the blood stain. Wash dried abalone in hot water.
- Soak raw cashew nuts in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash, peel and cut the carrots, lotus root, corn and chinese yam, cut them into big chunks.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and pour water. Bring water to boil and lower heat, simmer for about 2 hours and the soup is ready to drink.
Post a Comment