Here's the recipe (copied from Simply Her)..
Ipoh Hor Fun (serves 4)
- 1/2 medium-sized chicken, rinsed (I only use 1 chicken thigh as my kids are not into chicken)
- 750ml chicken stock
- 200ml water
- 1kg Ipoh Hor Fun
- 2 stalks cai xin
- 100g beansprouts
- 300g char siew, sliced
- 1/2 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 pieces of fish cake, sliced
- 4 Chinese mushrooms, soked in warm water for 30 mins, drined, with stems removed, and sliced
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the chicken, chicken stock and water into a pot. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 25 min.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Skin, debone and shred the meat. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the hor fun sauce into the cooked chicken stock. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5min until it thickens.
- Warm up the fish cakes.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the hor fun, cai xin and beansprouts together for 1 min.
- Transfer them equally into 4 bowls. Top with char siew, fish cakes, the shredded chicken and spring onions.
- Pour the hor fun sauce over. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment