Thursday, November 11, 2010

Breakfast Cheerio Cookies

I always find it really difficult to get my kids to eat their breakfast and ended up having loads and loads of different type of breakfast cereals in my fridge waiting to be thrown away. So I decided that I should do something to get rid of these cereals, search the web and found this Cheerio cookies from Food.com which is perfect to use up my Cheerio.  Beside being able to get rid of my Cheerio, the cookies was really healthy and can be served as breakfast since it contains oats and peanut butter and of course, my wholegrain Cheerios.  My boy loves it, I have to stop him from eating too much.  Here's the recipe:


Breakfast Cheerio Cookies

Breakfast Cheerio Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup raisins 

 Directions
  1. Mix the butter, both sugars, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs thoroughly.
  2. Sift flour, salt, soda and baking powder. Fold into the first mixture.
  3. Add oatmeal, Cheerios, cranberries and raisins.
  4. Drop by tblsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
  6. I got 40 cookies , using a small cookie scoop that holds approximately 1 Tblsp dough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails