Recently I seemed to be in the mood for natural product as I have such successful story with honey. I just have to share it here. I have started giving my SMALL FAN 1 tsp of honey every night before he sleep. Heard from a honey seller that honey actually helps promote good sleep, but in any case, the purpose of my giving SMALL FAN the honey is for his sinus. SMALL FAN used to have such bad sinus that he cough every night and day and sometime even vomit due to the mucus that was stuck in his throat. We have brought him to pediatrician, to chinese sinsei and spend thousand of dollar on his medication but it just doesn't seems to work, he visit the doctor almost every few weeks. So one day while searching for a cure I stumble upon this miracle honey from the website http://www.earthclinic.com/
and decided to give it at try. (Crossing my hand) I proud to say that my SMALL FAN has not seen any doctor for almost 3 months now and I never heard a cough from him anymore except for ocassionally when his throat get too dry. One side effect I found out from this is that beside sinus honey is also very good for fever. I have tried it on myself and SMALL FAN and on both ocassion our fever breaks after 2 days of consuming honey. My Baby FAN is now down with high fever so I'm trying to get her to drink honey water to see if it helps. Introduced to my mum, she always have this persistant dry cough every few weeks, but ever since she started during honey, I hardly hear her cough anymore. Beside honey I also found many natural way of healing from earthclinic, here'a few that I tried and seems to work, so do give it a try better than paying loads of money for chemcially processed medication.
- Fever - mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 cup of luke warm or cold water and drink it as regularly as you can until the fever breaks
- Cough and Phelgm or sore throat - mix 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) with 1 tsp honey in half 1 cup of warm water and drink it 2 to 3 times a day. (I love this concoction, always work for me whenever I have a cough or sore throat). For those of you who can't stand the smell of ACV you can try using lemon juice to replace the ACV it works as well, my mum love this concoction, whenever she feels that she is coming up with a flu or cough she will drink this and so far she has been really healthy and seldom here her reporting sick.
- Sinus - 1 teaspoon of honey in half 1 cup of lukewarm water and drink it before you sleep. My SMALL FAN got his sinus cure this way. I think the honey drink also keep him from getting sick easily.
- Dandruff - mix 1/2 ACV with 1/2 water in an application bottle or any container you can find, mix them up well. Then apply this concoction to the scalp of your hair after shampooing. Leave the ACV on the hair for about 5 to 10 minutes than rinse it clean with warm water and dry your hair. I always have dandruff problem so recently decided to try out a more gentler way of getting rid of it instead of the strong dandruff shampoo. Found this remedy in the earthclinc website and tried it out. After the 1st day, my head don't itch as much anymore, after 3rd day I can visible notice less dandruff. Beside getting rid of dandruff, I also notice that my hair is softer and shinier, as if I have put conditioner on my hair. Am going to continue this remedy for a while and see if I can totally get rid of my dandruff.
- Reduce grey hair - Mix 1 tablespoon of molasses with 1 cup of warm water and drink it every morning. As the molasses got quite a strong taste, I actually mix it with milk instead, Here's what I did, I mixed 1 tablespoon molasses with some warm water to dissolve it, then top of the cup with cold milk, it actually tasted like latte so it's easier to swollow. I'm currently drinking this every morning, it supposed to help get rid of grey hair which I have lots and lots of. But I think it will take a while for the effect to be seen. But here's what other people say that molasses can help, it's a good source of iron so it's very good for lady who is suffering from heavy mensus, it's also said to get rid of fibriod and also help with breast cancer. But most of all, a lot of people has mentioned that drinking molasses give them increase energy so they dont't feel that tire. I personally felt that I do feel slightly let tire in the day after drinking this concoction for 3 days.
Beside such health remedy, I am now also looking out for natural household cleaning product. My baby girl always dirty her clothes ever since she started eating solid food and want to feed herself. I tried bleaching her clothes but it sometimes distroy the coloured one. Found this remedy from this website: p://frugalliving.about.com/od/cleaningtipsandrecipes/qt/Natural_Bleach.htm
- Natural bleach - squeeze some lemon juice on the stain and rubbed some salt on it, then put the clothes under the sun for a few hours, then wash as normal. Wa lah....nice clean clothes.
Will be continuing to research on natural living and update my post along the way. For now, toast to great health for all.
Post a Comment