Monday, August 31, 2009

Creamcheese Muffins

Baby FAN prefers savoury food to sweet stuff, so have been experimenting with savoury food that is portable and I can prepare ahead of time. While searching the net, found this recipe from allrecipes.com where they use cream cheese as the main ingredients for the muffin. So decided to give it a try. They muffins turn out beautifully and it actually tasted quite good. But....sigh...my baby girl doesn't seems to like the texture of muffins and cakes, so take a bite and spit it out...sigh....As for my boy, he just ate the cream cheese toppings while my husband says he don't like muffins even though it tasted quite nice....sigh...I think I have to give up making muffins as it always ended up in my tummy or the dustbin. In any case, for those of you who loves muffins, do give this a try, the smell was heavnly when I baked it and it actually tasted quite nice, I personally quite like it as a contrast to the normal sweet type.

Creamcheese Muffins
(original recipes at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Breakfast-in-a-Muffin/Detail.aspx)

Breakfast Muffin

Ingredients and Directions
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (I opmitted the salt as the cream cheese and cheddar cheese is salty enough for me already)
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled(I replaced it with 2 pieces of chicken ham instead to make it a healthier version)

1.In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Combine milk, oil and 1 egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and second egg. Add cheddar cheese and seasoned salt; mix well. Stir in ham or bacon. Spoon 2 tablespoons in the center of each muffin. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Serve warm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails