Here's the recipe :
- 1 chicken breast, boned and skinned
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/3 cup stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp frozen corn
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 red apple
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken breast and palce in apan with the chopped onion and carrot with the stock. COver and cook for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut chicken breast into small dice.
- Strain the stock into a bowl, finely chop the carrot and remove and discard the onion.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small pan and stir in the flour. Gradually stir in the strained stock and bring to boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce is thcik and smooth. Add the finely diced chicken, carrot and corn.
- Used cookie cutter and cut the wholemeal bread into the shape you want. Spread both sides of the sqaures with the remaining butter.
- Toast the bread until crispy and golden brown all over.
- Core and chop apples.
- To make the salad dressing, blend yogurt, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add in the chicken, carrot and corn mixture and the chopped apples and mix well.
- Serve salad in a plate with 2 pieces of wholemeal bread toast.
Post a Comment