Tried making the Cheese wafers and it tasted really great, I was munching at it while putting it in the container, it has a crispy outer like a biscuit yet rather chewy and soft like wafer in the inside. Best of all it's so easy to make.
(original recipe here)
Ingredients & Directions
- 150 grams of Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Flour plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tbs of milk powder (optional, healthy extras that I added)
- 2 tbs of wheat germ (optional, healthy extras that I added)
1. Combine all the ingredients and form into a dough
2. Remove all the dough to a piece of parchment or waxed paper and shape into a thick flat circle. Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Open waxed paper and roll out dough on it into a 1/4 inch-thick piece.
5. Take small cookie cutters and cut out into shapes.
6. Place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with a silpat or parchment paper) and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes before removing.