Thursday, January 22, 2009

Homemade Baby Food: Marmite/Bovil Stick

Trying to make some finger food for Baby FAN as snack and saw a Marmite Stick recipe in my baby recipe book. But the recipe called for pizza dough, so I look through Allrecipes.com and stumble upon this one which is yeast free. Here's the modified one.


Pizza Dough
(click here for original recipe)
  • 1.5 cup all-purpose flour (Ask I used bread flour instead as I run out of all-purpose)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (I just put a small pinch or you can omit it if making for baby)
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I poured in some premixed italian herbs instead)
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (omitted this)
  • 1 eggs, lightly beaten (I reduced it, original recipe called for 2 eggs which is too much)
  • 2/3 cup milk (I replace this with 1/2 cup of baby formula milk)
Toppings
  • Bovil
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a rimmed pizza pan or baking sheet.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, herbs and black pepper. Mix in eggs and milk; stir well. Pour batter into prepared pan and tilt until evenly coated, spread the batter really thin as it do rise.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is set. Put in toppings of choice, in my case I spread a thin layer of bovil on the pizza (spread the bovil very thin as it's rather saltish).
  4. Remove crust from oven. Bake until bovil dries up. Then cut into strips or small pieces.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails