Bought this Apple & Muesli for Baby FAN to try but she don't like it. So, instead of letting is turn bad in the fridge, I decided to try making muffins out of it. Found a Muesli-Applesauce Muffin recipe from All recipe.com, so tried my hand at making it so that I can feed Baby FAN the muffins since she prefer chewy food to mushy food now.
Here's the recipe:
* 1 cup applesauce (I have one left over banana, substitute half the applesauce with mash banana)
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 2/3 cup white sugar (I thought the recipe was quite sweet with the banana, applesauce and rasin, so cut the sugar to 1/4 cup and still find it sweet, next time maybe I will take out the sugar totally)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 cups muesli cereal
* 1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat the applesauce, oil egg, sugar and water together for 2 minutes at medium speed.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, allspice and muesli together. Add the dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture. Beat on low speed until combined.
4. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown an spring back lightly when touched. Remove from pans immediately to cool.