Monday, December 15, 2008

Homemade Baby Food: Cheesy Pasta

Cheesy Pasta
  • 1 carrot
  • 1/4 cup of frozen corn
  • a few broccoli florets (about 4 or 5)
  • 50g or 2 oz dried pasta shapes
  • 1 cup formula milk
  • 50g or 2 oz cheddar or mild cheese
  1. Peel the carrot, rinse and chop broccoli and carrot into pieces.
  2. Place the prepared vegetables, corn, pasta and milk in a pan, bring to boil and then simmer, uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
  3. Grate the cheese and add to the vegetables, stirring until the cheese has completely melted.
  4. Process or mas just enough to give the desired consistency. Then spoon a little into a bowl. Test the temperature and cool if necessary before giving to the baby.
  5. Freeze the remainder.

Variations: I actually cooked the pasta separately from the vegetables. Then I puree the vegetables and make it into a sauce before putting in the cheese. Once the cheese has melt, I pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and serve it to my boy. He loves it. Then I puree the pasta and mix it with the sauce for my baby girl.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails