So, today, I decided to baked something stick-like for her, it was really easy to do, I did it in just 15 to 20 min (including baking time), it turns out really nice, the cheese give it a salty and sweet taste...yummy I ate 2 stick myself...ha ha.. Here's the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour (I added 1 cup unbleach flour and 1/2 cup bread flour instead, oh and I added about 2 to 3 scope of formula milk powder to increase the nutritional content of the straws)
- 75g or 6 tbsp of butter
- 115g of grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg, beaten (used 2 egg yolks instead if your baby is allergic to egg whites)
- Preheat oven to 200 delgree celsius.
- Place flour in a bowl, add butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Reserve 1 tbsp beaten egg and then stir the rest into the pastry mixture. Mix to smooth dough, adding water if necessary.
- Knead lightly and roll out on a floured surface to rectangel 30 x 20cm/12 x 8 in. Brush with the remaining egg.
- Cut into strips and place on the baking sheets, spaced slightly apart.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Loosen from but leave to cool on the baking sheets.
- Serve one or two to the baby and store the rest in a plastic box for up to 1 week.
- Alternatively, you can freeze the sticks for up to 3 months in a plastic box, interleaved with baking parchment.