Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mini Nobaked Cheesecakes with Mango Sauce

Wah...it's been almost 2 months since I last updated my blog...guess I'm really getting lazy.
Well, here's a nice recipe that I stumble recently will looking for a dessert to bring over for a family dinner to celebrate our national day.  Really simple but it was a real hit with the kids, I have to stop my son from eating more so his cousins can have it. Guess what I made?  Nobaked Lemon cheesecake with Mango sauce.  YUM.


Mini Nobaked Cheesecakes with Mango Sauce


For the Cheesecake

Crust
  • 1 1/4 cups or 105 g digestive biscuits
  • 1/4 cup or 125g margarine, softened (thought the butter was too much as my crust turns out a little soggy, I'm going to use 80g next time)
  • 1/4 cup or 50g sugar (thought it's a little too much cause it's a bit on the sweet side, next time I might reduce it to 30g)
Filling         
  • 1 (8 ounce or 250g) package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup or 125g powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream, whipped (the cake turns out a little soft, so I would cut down the cream to 1/4 cup next time I'm doing it to see if it hardens better)
Directions
  1. Put digestive biscuit in a ziplock bag and get the kids to smash it until it resemble fine bread crumbs. Mix the crumbs into melted margarine and sugar until well incorporated. Press into individual cupcakes mold.
  2. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth and spreadable. Whisk whipped cream.  Then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Pour cream cheese into cupcakes lined with the crumbs. Smooth the top with a spatula, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.  Pour Mango sauce over and served.
  3. I made about 25 super mini cupcakes.

Mango Sauce Topping


  •  3 cups mangos, peeled, seeded and chopped
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon orange juice
  • some water

  • Directions
    1.  In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the mangoes, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, and a little water. Stir until the mixture thickens. Add more water to the right consistency. Remove from heat and serve or keep it in the refrigerator  and serve it cold.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails