Flourless Chocolate Cake
(make a thin 8" cake)
Ingredients and Directions
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used cadbury dark chocolate instead)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup as my chocolate is already sweet)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I omitted this an replace it with another 2 ounce of cadbury dark chocolate)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch round cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder.
- In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Slices can also be reheated for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave before serving.
Had wanted to decorate the cake with a nice Granache but I ran out of time, so I just simply decorated the cake with a dusting of cocoa powder and strawberries.
Post a Comment