Friday, October 23, 2009

Mini Cup Cakes

A friend of my asked me for a recipe for cupcakes so that she can make with her daugther.  Here's one that I tried some time ago but forgot to post.  The recipe is super simple.

Mini Cup Cakes
Mini Cupcakes
  • 50g soft margarine
  • 50g sugar
  • 50g self-raising flour
  • 1 egg
  1. Preheat oven to 180 deg celsius.  Place 26 paper mini muffin cases on a large baking sheet or for my case, I made a slightly bigger one and use 12 cases instead.
  2. Put all the ingredients for the cake into a mixing bowl and beat together well until smooth.
  3. Divide the mixture among the cases and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until well risen and golden.  Depending on your oven, you might need to cook longer for bigger muffin, poke a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clean, it's done.
  4. Transfer cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Then decorate as you please.
You can used my birthday cupcake icing recipe to make the icing or you use this simple recipe that I used in the cupcakes in my pictures above.  I simply mix Icing Sugar with Milk until I achieve the right consistency I want. Alternatively, you can buy the icing from Phoon Huat, they sell lots of different type of icing and decorations at the shop.  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails