Found this chocolate oatmeal cake recipe from www.allrecipes.com. It's really easy to made and healthy too with the inclusion of oatmeal. I made it into cupcakes to make it more appetising for the kids and sprinkle some Wheatgerm to increase the nutritional content. I also made some cream cheese icing for the kids to decorate it. It was a hit, my sis's 2 picky eater loves it although my SMALL FAN only eat the icing and some of the cake (he can't finish the whole thing)
Here's the recipes:
Chocolate Oatmeal Cupcakes
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup butter (115g)
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (I use 1/2 of white sugar instead)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour (I mix 3/4 cup plain flour with 1/4 wholemeal flour)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 tablespoons cocoa (I used Hot Chocolate powder mix instead and use 3 tbs instead of 4)
* Some wheatgerm flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats and butter. Mix in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; add to cooled oat mixture and mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into cupcakes cup and sprinkle some wheatgerm flakes on it.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and remove pan.
Cream Cheese Icing
* 3 tablespoons of Cream Cheese
* 1.5 cups of Icing Sugar
* 1 tablespoons of milk
* Food colouring
1. Mix 1st 3 ingredients together until creamy.
2. Add food colour of your choice. Then decorate your cakes.
Post a Comment